Friday, January 13, 2012

SPIRITUAL AWAKENING

BAGAN/MYANMAR 4-17-2008

YANGON/ MYANMAR 4-14-2008

I would like to share some experiences when I was on a resent vacation in South East Asia. From April 11th to May 14th I was on vacation in Myanmar (Burma) where I traveled all through the Country.

When I was in Bagan and Mandalay I visited many, many Temples that date back 1,000 years. While visiting I noticed hundreds of people meditating and praying, something I don't really see in America.

Being a spiritual person I started to feel the energy and the calmness of the people around the Temples. In America we have churches and services twice a week, but not the feeling that you get when in Myanmar and other parts of Asia. Every where, everywhere you go in Myanmar on every block there is a Temple.

Coming back to America I really miss being able to walk anywhere and slip into a temple and close my eyes and get in touch with my spirituality. I am able to get this feeling when out in nature, but it seems like something is missing.

When I was sitting on top of some large hill or building and looking as many as 7,000 different Temples in Bagan that date back 1,100 years I couldn't stop thinking about all the people that had been there before me. All the praying and meditating that did.

When I sat with my eyes closed I felt a warmness, a feeling of happiness and calmness, a " Spiritual Awakening " I have only been back for three days and I already miss it!

Photos and story by: Robert Swetz

MANDALAY/ MYANMAR 4-17-2008

Photographs & Videos by Robert (Vegas Bob) Swetz ©All rights reserved - All photographs for sale

Direct: 702.443.7156

If you are interested in Investment Properties in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada I can help you with all your needs.

Las Vegas continues to be a very fast growing city with some great opportunities for employment, retirement and much more. Las Vegas is surrounded by many other places & cities of interest like Lake Mead, Salt Lake City, Zion National Park, Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego, Reno, Phoenix, Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe and more.

"Have a Wonderful Day"

www.VegasBuildingsForSale.com Las Vegas Real Estate

Robert (Vegas Bob) Swetz,

Robert (Vegas Bob) Swetz

No comments: